Thursday, September 08, 2022

When Diversity Became A Four Letter Word.

In this topsy-turvy world of the new conservative movement where ignorance is bliss and where discrimination is seen as a legal right. The right-wing conservatives are going after schools that believe in diversity.

Top med school putting wokeism ahead of giving America good doctors
New York Post
By Dr. Stanley Goldfarb and Laura L. Morgan
September 2, 2022


Elite medical schools are deliberately recruiting woke activists, jeopardizing their mission of training physicians.

That’s what our organization found in a review of the application process for America’s top 50 medical schools. Nearly three-quarters of these institutions — and 80% of the top 10 — ask applicants about their views on diversity, equity, inclusion, anti-racism and other politicized concepts. The clear goal is to find the students who will best advance divisive ideology, not provide the best care to patients.

Whoa! All of a sudden diversity, equity, inclusion, anti-racism is now seen as a liability? You mean you think it is okay that doctors discriminate?

Many schools explicitly ask applicants if they agree with statements about racial politics. Others gauge applicants’ views on or experience with woke concepts.

So these two people think compassion and empathy in doctors and nurses is a bad thing to ask incoming students? That it is okay for a doctor to be racist?

That it is okay for a doctor to refuse to treat a patient because of the patient’s religion?

That it is okay for a doctor to refuse a patient because they are LGBTQ+?

Other medical schools are more direct. Duke University School of Medicine, tied for sixth place, asks applicants to describe their “understanding of race and its relationship to inequities in health and health care.” Before doing so, they’re told about “Duke’s collective stand against systemic racism and injustice.”

[…]

Across these medical schools, there is now a default assumption that applicants understand and accept the tenets of woke ideology. That’s why the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA (ranked 19th) can ask applicants to describe how “inequity has impacted you or your community and how educational disparity, health disparity and/or marginalization has impacted you and your community.”

I think that those are good questions to ask prospective students who are going to healers? When you have way more student applications that there are spots available for them in the medical schools.

I don’t know about you but I don’t want doctors who are bigots!

Can you imagine being wheeled into an emergency room after a car accident and the doctor refuses to treat you because you are a Black gay Muslim, the doctor says “I only treat white straight Christians!”

I don’t want a doctor who is “Me, me, me.” I want a caring compassionate who cares about all of God’s creatures not just those who look and think like the doctor. I don't want a doctor who ignores their oath.

The oath that doctor's take...

Physician’s Oath

AT THE time of being admitted as a Member of the Medical Profession

I SOLEMNLY pledge myself to consecrate my life to the service of humanity.

I WILL give to my teachers the respect and gratitude that is their due;

I WILL practice my profession with conscience and dignity;

THE HEALTH of my patient will be my first consideration;

I WILL respect the secrets that are confided in me;

I WILL maintain by all the means in my power, the honor and noble traditions of the medical profession;

MY COLLEAGUES will be my sisters and brothers;

I WILL not permit consideration of religion, nationality, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, disabilities, party politics or social standing to intervene between my duty and my patient;

I WILL maintain the utmost respect for human life; even under threat, I will not use my medical knowledge contrary to the laws of humanity.

I MAKE these promises solemnly, freely and upon my honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment