Saturday, September 10, 2022

Saturday 9: No Roots

Sam’s Saturday 9: No Roots (2017)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is about a woman who has moved a lot and is always packing boxes. Do you have packing materials (boxes, bubble wrap, packing tape, etc.) in your home right now? Do you have them on hand to ship things, or are you preparing for a move?

Yes, I have some from the stuff I get from Amazon. I haven’t popped the bubbles yet. 

2) She sings that she moves from place to place, collecting memories. Would you rather travel light and travel often, or put down roots?

I’m a home body, but my brother’s family moved seven times while I lived in the same time for all my life.

3) She can recall all the gates and house numbers of all the places she's lived. Does your current residence have a fence and gate? Did your previous one?

Nope. But my cottage does, it has a split rail fence in front.

A little bit of home town history. There is an old house that used to have a ten foot stockade fence around the house, that was where a survivor from the Titanic sinking who was falsely accused of impersonating a woman to get the seat lived and he spent the rest of his life defending his reputation. Hence the fence around the house.

4) This week's artist, Alice Merton, moved often as a child as her father's job took the family from Germany to the US to Canada to England back to Germany ... She wrote this song to help her deal with feelings of loneliness and longing. When you're feeling overwhelmed, how do you work through the feelings?

I cry. I have a number of friends that I turn to.

5) Alice is still on the move. Soon she'll be performing throughout Europe. Have you ever had a job that required you to travel? If yes, did you enjoy it?

Yeah and I hated it. It was my first job.

6) "No Roots" is a favorite of Kelly Clarkson's, who has performed it on tour and on TV. When you think of Kelly, is at as a singer, a judge on The Voice, or as a talk show host?

Who? I have no idea who she is.

7) In 2017, when this song was popular, Faye Dunaway made Oscar history by announcing the wrong winner for the biggest award of the night, Best Picture. It wasn't her fault as she was given the wrong envelope, but she's one who made the on-screen flub seen around the world. Have you recently had an embarrassing moment?

Nope thank goodness.

8) Wonder Woman was 2017's most popular movie. She was originally introduced in a 1941 DC comic book. Comic books remain a big business. Have you ever been to a comic book store?

Well, when I was growing up there were no comic book stores around and now I am not interested in comic books.

9) Random question: Is your skin itchy this morning?

Nope. I used to say when I was little that I had an itchy palm when we came near an ice cream store.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

5 comments:

  1. #3...that is so sad. What a way to live your life. :( Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always say that someone is talking about you when you have an itchy palm. Although it might depend on the hand; maybe one hand means you're coming into some money. Various things told, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3# .. that is a very interesting article. The poor guy! Humans can sometimes be really relentless in pursuit of their petty or Wrong minded conception of an event.
    I didn't have any idea who Kelley was either. And, we were not alone in this. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. #3 is so cool.

    ReplyDelete