Saturday, June 26, 2021

Saturday 9: One Bad Apple

Sam’s Saturday 9: One Bad Apple (1971)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
I am actually home this weekend! But today at least for a little while I will be to a Pride picnic.




Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is a play on the old saying that one bad apple can spoil the bunch, or that the bad behavior of one member can reflect badly on the whole group. Do you think that's true?
Yes, I think that it spoils all that it touches.

2) The Osmonds began as The Osmond Brothers, a barbershop quartet that performed at the original Disneyland in Anaheim, California. Today there are 9 Disney Resorts all around the world, as far away as Shanghai. Have you ever been to a Walt Disney property?
Nope and I never intend to.
There are a couple of theme parks in the area that I went to when I was small, I loved them but as an adult I have no desire to any of them.

Here is a factoid about an amusement park the next town over…
Lake Compounce is the oldest, continuously-operating amusement park in North America, having its genesis more than 170 years ago in 1846!
3) By the time the Osmonds made this record, Donny had joined the group and became their breakout star. Without looking it up, can you name any of the other four brothers who performed in video clip?
Nope. I was never a fan of the Osmonds.

4) In the 1970s, adolescent girls learned through teen magazines that Donny's favorite color is purple, and that he was especially fond of purple socks. Today, socks are a very big business. There are designer sock manufacturers and even a sock of the month club. Is there a wardrobe item you're very particular about?
Well not really, it is probably my newest blouse.


5) Donny and younger sister Marie had their own TV variety show. One regular segment had them performing a medley of popular songs, and it began with Marie singing, "I'm a little bit country," followed by Donny's musical reply, "I'm a little bit rock and roll." In this regard, are you more like sister or brother?
Rock and Roll forever!

6) Donny's popularity continues today. Fans have seen him win Dancing with the Stars (season 9) and come in as a runner up on the first season of The Masked Singer. Do you watch either of these shows -- or other competition series, like American Idol, The Voice, America's Got Talent, etc.?
I have never watched any of them.

7) Donny has also appeared on Broadway. He surprised audiences and got rave reviews as arrogant bad guy Gaston in Disney's Beauty and the Beast. Tell us about a time when your behavior surprised those who know you well.
Okay, okay no matter what you did I got you beat, hands down, you can’t top this… coming out as trans.


8) Donny is also a grandfather, many times over! Sam admits she's not crazy about that revelation because it makes her feel old. What's something that makes you feel your years?
Getting up in the morning.
Followed by bending over.
Followed by going up the stairs.
Which is followed by picking up something off the floor.
And that is followed by walking.

9) Random question: We're filling a pinata with your favorite candies. What should we buy?
You can fill it with; LINDOR chocolate truffles, Ferrero Rocher Chocolate Balls, and Andes Creme De Menthe Thin Mints

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

8 comments:

  1. #7 -- Yes, Diana! You win! And I applaud your courage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't getting old something? Yesterday I was kneeling working in the garden and I couldn't get back up. The long stick which is my helping hand was too far away. If I rolled I would squash my hens and chickens. I finally made it by backing up to my stick. I just laugh and say well at least I can get down there and do some gardening. I love all the candies you love. Only kind I eat. Munson's makes some nice chocolate truffles.
    P.S Dear Sam enough of this Donny Osmond business. Diana we must be peas in the same pod as I agree with your answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was working the accountant at work owned a Munson's Chocolate and he used to bring in all the expired chocolate. It made his office the most friendly office in the factory

      Delete
  3. Oh! You named some of my favorite chocolates (I usually do more sugar, like nerds and sprees). And you've definitely got me beat with the surprise value of coming out as trans! Good for you for knowing and sharing your true self :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bahaha! You forgot to mention opening your eyes, breathing, etc. on #8. I swear, it seems like every day something new hurts. Love Lindor truffles. Did you know they make a truffle candy bar?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I would have known you when you came out as trans. Just know I support you always. I am so glad you are being you and being an advocate too. That is all that is important.
    OMG..yes, the aching body on #8 and the yummy chocolates on #9! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You win! But what courage that took. I don't know that I have ever done anything that brave. I think everyone should have the same rights, regardless of any label we slap on them. So thank you for fighting for those!

    ReplyDelete