Saturday, August 03, 2019

Who's The Boss: Brand New Life (1984)

Sam's Saturday 9: Brand New Life (The Theme from Who's the Boss) (1984)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…



Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Who's the Boss? is a sitcom that ran from 1984 to 1992. Were you a fan?
 Nope I am not a big fan of sitcoms

2) This week's song was composed by the show's producers, two men not known as songwriters. Have you ever tried your hand at songwriting?
Ha! I know nothing about music.

3) The lyrics tell us that, as we go through life, it's not uncommon to "lose a dream or two." Do you agree? Have you ever had to give up on a dream?
Well I think that when you get as old as I am many dreams have passed you by.
I don’t think that I will ever take a windjammer cruise up the Maine coast or ever visit the national parks west of Colorado.

4) Who's the Boss? was about a highly-paid executive who hires a housekeeper. In the 1980s, it was unusual because the exec was a woman and the housekeeper was a man. Do you believe a man can be as good at housework as a woman?
A couple of weeks ago I invited a couple up to the cottage and we were planning on going hiking in the  Cape Cod National Seashore. Her boyfriend said he wasn’t interested in hiking, could he clean the gutters and around the cottage? When we came back he had also dusted the ceiling, and sweep the floors!

5) Though the show's star, Tony Danza, graduated from University of Dubuque and was prepared to be a teacher, he got sidetracked. Back in New York, he boxed and tended bar and fell into acting. He finally did teach in 2010, taking over a 10th grade English class. How many different occupations have you held?
Two, one as a manger of an electronic test department and one as a social workers

6) On the show, his daughter was played by Alyssa Milano. When she was a teenager, she rebelled against the show's producers by cutting off her long hair and wearing a pixie style. Were you a rebellious teen?
Most definitely, I grew up in the rebellious 60s

7) "The Boss" was Judith Light, who had been known to TV audiences from her work on One Life to Live. She met Robert Desiderio on the set of the soap opera and they have been married more than 34 years. Tell us where one of your romances got started.
In a hearing room in the Legislative Office Building where I was a panelist for an event given by the Commission on Human Rights and Opportunists. A friend I knew asked if the training was open to the public? Afterward we talked and we dated for about three months.

8) The show -- rebroadcast with subtitles -- was a hit in Italy, where it was known as Casalingo SuperpiĆ¹ (Super Housekeeper). Say something to us in Italian.
"Mangia"
And then there is Fongool



9) Random question -- Have you more recently watched the sun rise or set?
Sunrises are too early, I like sunsets much better, you don’t have to get up early to see them.



Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

5 comments:

  1. #4 -- The only other person I know of who dusted the ceilings was my uncle. So that makes two men who are much neater than I am! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice of the boyfriend to clean up and he did some major cleaning! I wonder if he would like to clean my house? Hahahahaha
    Sunrise and sunset look so similar, so as long as you get to see one of them. When I am working I tend to see both. That is a plus of having to be up so early. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh at the 2nd word you typed in #8... I have a few other slang words/phrases that I say as well... that one I always ad in "a ba" in front of it (not sure if that is the right way it goes.. but it just flows so well! LOL Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grew up hearing Fongool but never knew what it meant (until I just Googled it!). I do remember that Alka Seltzer ad. What a fun blast from the past.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you can send that boyfriend over to visit anytime!

    ReplyDelete