Tuesday, August 22, 2017

I’m Back!

I’m back from Maine, I went up with two friends to Wells and we did a lot of walking, eat a lot of seafood including my favorite lobster. We also laid out on Wells beach and I went in the water but it was very cold, make that very, very cold. I imagine the Canadians thought the water was warm, speaking of Canadians,   I was trying to fold up a backpack chair when we were leaving Wells beach and we couldn't figure out how to do it. A nice Canadian guy came down and showed us how to do; he had nice sexy French accent, short red hair and beard.

Okay, back to my news posts; today it is about a new episode of “What Would You Do?”
These People Faced A Big Decision About Transphobia On Hidden Camera Show
A recent episode of “What Would You Do?” challenged shoppers to take action or remain bystanders.
Huffington Post Queer Voices
By James Michael Nichols
August 21, 2017

A recent episode of ABC’s hit “What Would You Do?” presented a clear challenge to a group of shoppers: intervene in a blatantly transphobic interaction or allow a transgender woman to be misgendered and humiliated.

“What Would You Do?” is a hidden camera TV show that places unsuspecting strangers in a situation that forced them to make a judgement call about how they will respond to what they’re witnessing. In this episode, a transgender woman is shopping for dresses when a sales associate begins making transphobic remarks, including calling her “sir” and asking if the dress is for a “costume.”
I have to wonder if all the people who came in to the store reacted the same way or did they just not show them. Either way is okay with me.  It would be great if everyone had a positive response but if not they showed how you should  behave.



No comments:

Post a Comment