Saturday, March 05, 2016

Saturday 9: FortyFive Seconds

Sam’s Saturday 9: FortyFive Seconds (2015)

Every Saturday I take time off from written on serious topics to have some fun…
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) The very bad day described in this song began promisingly enough. The lyrics tells us, "Woke up an optimist, sun was shining, I'm positive." How did your day begin?
Getting out of bed (which is getting to be more of an effort than when I was young) and fixing breakfast

2) This song refers to Monday morning. What's on your plate for Monday?
Not much. I only have one thing on the calendar, taking a class on CPR and AED in the evening.

3) The lyrics request, "promise you'll pay my bail." Have you ever had to bail anyone out of jail? (Or have you been bailed out?)  
 Nope

4) Rihanna gets top billing in this all-star trio. She says that when she was a little girl, she used to walk around singing "A Whole New World" from Disney's Aladdin. What's your favorite song from a Disney movie?
Um… I don’t know, I haven’t watched a Disney movie in fifty years.

5) Rihanna dated outfielder Matt Kemp when he was with the LA Dodgers. Opening Day is less than a month away. Are you a baseball fan? 
Nope.

6) Kanye West also sings on this week's song. When he was a little boy, he spent a year in China with his mother. Have you ever lived overseas (as opposed to just visiting on vacation)?
Nope. This is going to be a fast meme.

7) Mr.West is part owner of the Fatburger chain. Do you like grilled onions on your burger?
Yes. I like just about anything on a burger except mushrooms.

8) This week's third artist, Paul McCartney, is a vegetarian. Think about your most recent meal. Did it include chicken, pork, or beef? Eggs or dairy?
Yes to both sausage and French toast,

9) Paul was born at 2:00 PM on a Thursday. Do you know what day of the week you were born? Do you know the exact time?
Nope and nope. I guess I could look it up since somewhere in a box I have my birth announcement.

Sorry all that I didn’t reply last week. Saturday became very crazy last week.

5 comments:

  1. Saw your comment on my blog and in the suburban neighborbood of my teens, your parents would have had to bail you out. I don't think with you and me it's generational, I suspect it's demographic. We didn't have any "cool cops."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember if I've ever had a burger with mushrooms on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so done with Disney movies. I'm so glad to be done with all of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG-Harriet YES! :-)

    But Diana, I'm glad you are getting CPR and AED training. The latter will take like 10 minutes, but CPR changes often enough everyone should redo it every couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a hard time with the Disney one, too. I don't watch much of that any more. Although I suppose now that Disney owns Star Wars I will see those.

    ReplyDelete