Saturday, September 12, 2015

Saturday 9: That's All

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: That's All (1983)

Every Saturday I take time off from written on serious topics to have some fun…

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In the lyrics, Phil Collins sings of a time he was wrong when he thought he was right. Tell us about a recent time when you got it wrong.
I try to forget those times, but when I do get it wrong I admit it.

2) The song is addressed to a lover that Phil clearly feels is contrary. When he says, "day," she says, "night." Is there anyone in your life who seems to disagree with you all or most of the time?
Yes, my brother when he talks politics/

3) This was Genesis' first Top 10 hit in the US. Can you name another Phil Collins or Genesis song? 
I had to dust off the Trespass album "Looking for Someone."

4) Phil Collins is a model train enthusiast. Is there anything special that you collect?
Yes, cameras and lens.

5) Collins was awarded an honorary doctorate from the Berklee College of Music in Boston. At the ceremony, he delivered the commencement address. When did you last give a presentation or deliver a speech? 
Thursday, up at the University of Connecticut and I actually got paid to do it. I gave a lecture as part of the “Out to Lunch” lecture series where each week a different person gives a lecture on a LGBT topic.

6) One of Phil Collins' early solo albums was called, Hello, I Must Be Going. He took the title from a song in the 1930 Marx Bros. movie, Animal Crackers. What's the last black and white movie or TV show that you watched?
Roy Rogers, it’s on the TV as I type this… Happy Trails to You.

7) In 1983, when this song was popular, the Lotus 1-2-3 program made it easier for PC users to build spreadsheets. Are you answering these questions on a PC or a Mac? Laptop or desktop? Tablet or phone?
Laptop, a brand new laptop, my old one died a couple of weeks ago when I was doing my PowerPoint for the lecture. Panic! I had to have the old hard drive copied to the new machine.

8) 1983 is also the year when McDonald's introduced McNuggets. What's your favorite chicken recipe (assuming it's not McNuggets)?
Saltimbocca

9) In 1983, President Reagan signed the bill making Dr. Martin Luther King's birthday a holiday. What's your favorite holiday?
I really don’t have a favorite holiday, but if I had to I would pick the Fourth of July because I love fireworks.

7 comments:

  1. Woo-that chicken recipe sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fireworks are good. I don't always get to see them, though. Loved your boating pictures in the earlier post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And Happy Trails to you, Bev. Glad you were able to retrieve the hard drive data. Brrr! Scary

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've only just learned about saltimbocca when reading yelp reviews for a restaurant we were thinking of going to. i think i'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss eating at Roy Rogers and you still watch him. Small state. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laptops don't seem to last as long as desktops around here.
    Your vacation pictures are stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete