Saturday, August 16, 2014

Memes

I have been away for the last couple of weekends; to Long Island, to Falcon Ridge Folk Festival, had guests up to the cottage and I’m up at the cottage this weekend so I haven’t had time to play my usual memes.

So here are both Saturday’s memes…

Patrick’s Place Saturday Six #540

1. WHICH MEAL OF THE DAY DO YOU THINK IS MOST IMPORTANT: BREAKFAST, LUNCH OR DINNER, AND WHY?
Breakfast, but dinners are to be enjoyed

2. HOW OFTEN DO YOU EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST?
Every day I have a good breakfast, cold or hot cereal or some type of eggs

3. HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR PANCAKES?
I love them but unfortunately I cannot have any syrup on them (way too many carbs, my blood sugars would be off the scale.) so I don’t have pancakes any more.

4. HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR EGGS?
Every which way.

5. WHAT BREAKFAST MEAT WOULD YOU BE MOST LIKELY TO CHOOSE?
Eggs, sausage, and an English muffin or hash browns.

6. DO YOU PREFER HASH BROWNS, TOAST OR BISCUITS?
Hash browns or toast, biscuits never caught on in the north.

# # # # #

Crazy Sam's Saturday 9: Mine Would Be You
(recommended by Kathy W)


If you're not familiar with today's song, you can hear it here.

1) The lyrics mention his respect for "90 proof and Marlboro Red." What was your most recent drink? When was your last cigarette?
It was a Cape Cod, vodka and cranberry juice with a lime. My last cigarette was when I was about 12 and my father caught me with a pack of cigarettes and shoved them in my mouth.

2)  They also reference "singing like crazy fools." What's the last song you sang?
Bottle of Wine (see Falcon Ridge post)

3) Blake Shelton won a Grammy for his performance of this song. Crazy Sam won the award for "most improved bowler" when she was in third grade, and it's now in a closet somewhere. Do you have any trophies? If so, where are they?
Yes, they are for Backgammon. I was the Backgammon champion at work and they are in my basement collecting dust.

4) Blake is currently on tour. The merchandise sold at concerts brings in big money for the artist. Do you have any tour memorabilia (like a poster or t-shirt)? 
Nope.

5) In addition to The Voice, Shelton is on TV a lot with his Pizza Hut commercials. What chain restaurant is nearest your home? Do you eat there?
They all are out on the turnpike. I don’t know how they all can stay in business with all the chain restaurants within a mile on one another. I go there once in awhile.

6) Shelton has a million-seller CD called Cheers! It's Christmas! What's the first Christmas carol to pop into your head this hot summer Saturday?
I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas.

7) Shelton and Miranda Lambert were married in front of 550 guests. Do you enjoy weddings?
Not really, I like talking to my relatives but I don't like loud music. Now if the band played soft enough so we could still talk it wouldn't be bad, but usually once the band starts up you can not long talk.

8) The wedding took place on a big Texas ranch. Have you spent much time on a farm or a ranch?
Well in my youth the town was all farms and orchards

9) In 2013 he helped organize a relief benefit concert for victims of the Oklahoma tornados. Tell us about a charity you support.
I support a number of charities by helping out. I volunteer at a health collective two days a week.

5 comments:

  1. I once visited Cape Cod and had to go see the Cape Cod potato chip factory. No freebies we given out- so bummed.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know just what you mean about loud music at weddings. I want to visit with relatives, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heart Cape Cod :)
    I can't believe your father did that, how awful! But I guess it worked..
    Happy Sunday, and welcome back! Sounds like you've been as busy as I have been.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a little clarification, they were just the cigarettes, not the package and of course the whole pack didn't fit.
    But it did work, I never smoked another cigarette again... well pot is a different story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am jealous of your backgammon prowess! It's a game I've always wanted to master.

    ReplyDelete