Thursday, November 04, 2010

My Story Part 51 – School

This is going to be a short “My Story” because of my internship and homework, so what could be more fitting then to talk about school.

When I was in grades K – 12, I was shy and had only a few friends. The only club that I was a member was the Science Club and all my friends were members, we were the typical geek/nerds. We built this massive 6 foot Tesla Coil that got us mentioned in an article in the local newspaper, which was picked up by the New Times.

My college days were a blur of drugs and rock and roll. I went to Rochester Institute of Technology from 1971 to 1974 and squeaked by with a GPA 2.1 after being on academic probations a couple of semesters, but I finally graduated with a Bachelor of Electronic Technology. I spent many weekends smoking pot and listening to the Grateful Dead, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, and other rock groups of the sixties and early seventies. “Far Out Man!”

Now, it is a 180 degree turn, I am doing fantastic, I have many friends, I am involved in student organizations and I will truly miss it when I graduate next spring.

What I am thinking now is that in another 3 years I can go to state colleges and universities for free… Hmmm.

3 comments:

  1. I felt like calling out "Duuuuuude" from your description of your college years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you still like Black Sabbath? :)
    I'm not a fan of music like that.
    Risma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Risma
    Not really, the only song that I still like is "Iron Man"

    You have to remember that this was back in the late sixties and early seventies when psychedelic music fit right in with the hippie culture.

    I believe that each generation listens to the music that they grew up listening. My parents loved Lawrence Welk.

    ReplyDelete