Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My Story Part 54 – Testosterone

I normal write this column on Thursday, but since it is Thanksgiving this week, I’m writing My Story today. Today I’m writing about Testosterone, that evil compound that makes you do all sorts of weird things.

This afternoon I have to stop by an auto parts store to pick up a headlight for my car and I am not looking forward to going there. It is going to be all young guys there and I know how they behave, crude and rude because I was one once. Not crude and rude, but a young male and I use to go to the store and I know people who used to work in auto parts stores. Not all of them are like that, only 99% of them. I usually worry over nothing, lets hope it turns out that way.

The same thing with hardware stores, not the big box stores, but the small local hardware stores. I have had problems with the local store when I went to get the gas grill’s propane tank filled. I got harassed when I walked through the store. The big box store have a harassment policy while the little stores don’t have a policy.

At the car dealer ship where I bought the car, I am treated very well. However, those little drive-in oil changed places, I got harassed.

It is the young males that give me problems. The small local stores tend to hire the young kid because the stores are not looking for experience, only cheap labor. While the big box stores and car dealerships are looking for the mature experienced worker.

So after work today, I will take a deep breath, stand tall, look them in the eye and think… you’re an a**hole, when are you going to grow up!

I’ll update the column when I get home and let you know how it went.

Update: 4:30PM

I didn't have too much of a problem, but it seemed like everyone in the back-room had a reason to come out to the counter. They all seemed to me to take a long stare at me. The clerk asked to see my driver license when I charged the headlight bulb to my credit card, something I have never been asked to do before.

But I think that as usual, I did worry too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment