Monday, October 09, 2006

Am I a Worrier? Or, How the Coming Out Came Out.

My brother says that I inherited my worrying from my mother; I think he may be right. But I would rather be prepared for he worst and hope for the best.
I had planned on telling them all at once, but it didn’t work out that way, because of the long driving time to get up there one of my cousins turned in early. So I told my other cousin and his wife Saturday night and I couldn’t ask for a better reaction from both of them, it was total support. In the morning after breakfast we gathered up the clan; I told my cousin kids, my other cousin and his girlfriend, once again it was total support. I couldn’t ask for a better family! We then talked about what it is like for me being a transsexual and what are my plans are for the future, then they all hugged me and I had tears in my eye (Just like I do now writing this.).
So I couldn’t ask for a better birthday weekend.
The cottage that we stayed in was fantastic! I was up there about ten years ago when their son got married, but I didn’t remember it all that well. They have two cottages, one that they rent out (Which we stayed in.) and the other that they live in during the summer.



This is the view of front of the cottage as you drive up. the inside is all pine and is post and beam construction, it has four bedrooms (two of which are lofts), two full baths, a kitchen with a dishwasher and a gas stove.



This is the living room and one of the loft bedrooms over looks the room. Isn’t it fantastic, it is so rustic.



This is the bedroom that stayed in; it is the other loft, what a beautiful view to wake up to.



And this is the lake side of the cottage.




The foliage wasn’t that great, it wasn’t a good year for “Leaf Peeping” heavy rains the week before knocked a lot of the color off the trees. Also a number of trees hadn’t changed yet and were still green, but it still was beautiful.

Sunday morning we attempted to climb Blue Hill, not all of us made it to the top (I didn’t) because we got the trails mixed up and we only reached the base of the summit.



This is a picture of the mountain that I took the day before when we were cursing around the lake.



From the base of Blue Hill Mountain with Mattie leading the way.



This is the view from up near the top of the mountain. Off in the distance is Cadillac Mountain in Arcadia National Park. This is a panoramic composite of three photographs.

Here are some more of the photographs that I took; more are on my web album.







P.S. I just found out that Wednesday is "National Coming Out Day", I guess I did it a couple of days early.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the outing, Diana, and Happy Birthday!

    Staci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good News! How nice to hear some good queer news! So glad the coming out went well.

    Many happy returns of the day and many more birthdays filled with family, friends and love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm a worrier too so this all makes sense to me...and I'm so glad your family is so cool!

    Lovely lovely photos, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurray! I'm glad it came out fine. Looks like a beautiful weekend. The shots of the water and the fog are perfectly stunning! The one with the sail boat and the last shot are my two favorites. I'm going to go to your album and look at the rest when I can. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete