Thursday, September 28, 2006

Thursday's Poem

The Word Not Spoken


The word said,
means commitment.

The word said,
means obligations.

The word said,
means duty.

The word said,
is a milestone

The word said,
is another stone in the foundation.

The word said,
is a fork in the road taken.

The word said,
closes the door behind and opens the door in front.

The word said,
burns the bridges.

The word said,
can never be unsaid.

I am a ...


This poem comes to mind because in a little over a week I have to speak the words again. This time to my cousin and once you say the words you can’t say “I was only joking!” Once you say the words your life is forever changed and you must deal with whatever the consequences are.
And it’s the waiting that kills you, the anticipation. You can only hope for the best and plan for the worst.

1 comment:

  1. I hope that the anticipation is worse than the actual event. That can be hard enough as it is.

    Lovely poem Diana.

    ReplyDelete