Saturday, February 11, 2023

Why Is It?

When I go grocery shopping I tell the bagger to not to put everything in one bag, I bring about 10 reuseable bags with me.

So it seems like the women bagger do that, they put one heavy item in each bag and add lighter items  to spread out the load. But it seems like the guys all cram everything in the fewest bags.

Today I went shopping and the guy who was bagging I told him to spread put the weight in the bags. He used 3 of the ten bags, one bag held a half gallon of juice, a quart of milk, a half gallon of lemonade, and a large jar of spaghetti sauce.

I needed two hands to lift the bag, so at my car I spread out the load to other bags.

Oh yeah, he also called me “sir,” the woman at the register apologized for him and said she would speak to the boss.

So what do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I think all three of those questions apply. They need to retrain them. But it does start from the tops. Lots of younger people did not learn manners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bag my own. Sometimes even when you tell the bagger never mind they still try to help. So I explain to them how I want it done. No eggs on the bottom and all the heavy stuff is put in different bags. Then I load up my red shopping cart and have a nice walk home.

    ReplyDelete