Saturday, February 18, 2023

Saturday Night's Alright

Saturday 9: Saturday Night's Alright (1973)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Elton John tells us it's 7:00 PM on Saturday evening and he's ready to rock with his friends. What will you be doing at 7:00 this evening?

Watching TV or listening to an audiobook.

2) His sister is ready to party, too. The lyrics tell us she looks cute with "a handful of grease in her hair." What haircare products would we find in your bathroom right now?

Um… once again you have to have hair to have haircare products.

3) He sings that by Saturday, he's had it with the aggravation and discipline of the past week and now he's ready to cut loose. How did last week treat you?

So, so, nothing special… I forgot about a Zoom meeting Wednesday.

4) This Saturday night finds Elton and his friends "packed pretty tight" in their bar of choice. Agoraphobics have a hard time feeling safe in busy, crowded places. How about you? Are you comfortable in a crowd?

Well I will say that I don’t have agoraphobia but I don’t like crowds, I following in my father footstep he didn’t like crowds either.

5) The lyrics were written by Bernie Taupin, Elton's frequent collaborator. Bernie ranks this near the top of his favorite Elton John records. What's your favorite?

 "Candle in the Wind"


6) Elton has turned his bad eyesight into a hobby, claiming that over the years he has purchased well over 200,000 pairs of glasses. Do you wear glasses? If so, how many prescription pairs do you own?

Yes, since elementary school and I have only one pair but I keep an old pair in the glove box in the car.

7) Elton once had to cancel an international tour because of an emergency appendectomy. Do you still have your appendix?

Yes, it is in the back of the book I’m reading.

OH! You mean my appendix, yes.

8) In 1973, when this song was popular, M*A*S*H was at the top of the ratings. Who is your favorite M*A*S*H character?

Gee… the cast was good and picking one out is hard but I’ll good with Colonel Potter… he was the one ray of sanity in the show.

9) Random question: Who is the wisest person you know?

Now there is a difference between smartest and wisest, I never really thought about the wisest. Hm… I think wisdom comes with age.

7 comments:

  1. Col. Potter was a terrific character, wasn't he?
    When I hear about people styling their wigs, what do they use? Wouldn't haircare products work on wigs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Basically it is just a brush and conditioner. When I buy a new wig the store styles it such as cut bangs. The conditional is for when you wash it and then spray on the conditioner and brush it out.

      Delete
  2. I agree with you on wise and smart. I am careful to listen to very many people...they are smart, but not very wise.
    Oh my goodness, I love Elton John! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a hard time with the "wise" question.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candle in the Wind is good. I like Crocodile Rock. I was a senior in high school when it came out. Brings back good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that song. It's just right up there at the top of the charts for me, too. Your appendix must look funny dangling about at the back of your book. LOL! heehee

    ReplyDelete