Sam’s Saturday 9: Too Ra Loo Ra Loo Ral (1944)
On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
Selected because this Wednesday is St. Patrick's Day. Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.
1) Bing Crosby sings that he learned this song from his mother. Can you recall a song from your early childhood?
Nope, that was a very, very… very long time ago.
2) Bing was NBC's first choice to play TV's Columbo. He turned down the role because, by that time, he was in his 60s and just didn't feel like working a full week anymore. Peter Falk eventually got the part and played Det. Columbo for 10 seasons. Do you enjoy detective stories, whether on TV, in movies or in books?
I enjoy British detective stows, Columbo, and other older detective shows.
Detective shows no a days seem to be competing to see who could be the most gory, I think that trend started with the CSI series. While British shows have far less blood and gore than their American counterparts.
3) Bing could trace his family back to County Cork. While it's said that on St. Patrick's Day everyone is Irish, can you honestly claim Irish heritage?
4) Other than St. Patrick, what is Ireland famous for?
5) "The wearing o' the green" is one way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Will you wear something green in honor of the day?
Naw, I just might wear orange to stir up trouble.
6) Have you ever had green beer?
7) Have you ever ordered a Shamrock Shake from McDonald's?
If I was going to blow watching my carbs on a shake, it would not be on a McDonald's shake it would be on a real ice cream milkshake… a nice thick chocolate milkshake.
8) A four-leaf clover is considered good luck. Do you have a lucky charm?
My mother could spot a four-leaf clover a mile away, I used to get so frustrated. I could look for hours and not spot one and my mother would come out and spot three or four of them right off the bat,
9) Speaking of Lucky Charms, they are magically delicious. What brand of cereal is in your kitchen right now?
Store brand granola.
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!