Saturday, March 06, 2021

Saturday 9: BIRTHDAY

Sam’s Saturday 9: BIRTHDAY (2014)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
I will be away all day, so I will not answer your questions.


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Katy Perry sings that she wants to give her lover something good to celebrate every day. What is making you happy this fine Saturday?
The weather since I am driving up and back to cottage this morning (8 hours on the road).

2) The video is all about baking a birthday cake. When did you most recently enjoy something home baked? Were you the baker?
Baked chicken and yes I cooked it. If I don’t cook it I don’t eat.

3) Tell us a memory from one of your birthdays.
I don’t remember this birthday but it looks like I am enjoying my birthday with the my classmates and neighbor.


4) This week's song shares nothing but the title with a Beatles song. (Here's a video of Paul McCartney performing it live.) Can you think of another title that's been used by more than one song?
Nope.

5) Similarly, this week's featured artist was born Kathryn Hudson and called Katy Hudson until she changed her name to Katy Perry to avoid confusion with the actress Kate Hudson. Have you ever met anyone else with your same name?
Yes, many, many people.

6) Katy and actor Orlando Bloom became parents to a baby girl in 2020. Bloom is best known for his work in the Lord of the Rings and Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Are you a fan of either of those film series?
Lord of the Rings. I watched part of a Pirates of the Caribbean and I never connected with it.

7) In 2014, the year this song was popular, Prince William toured the United States and attended his first NBA game (Nets vs. Cavaliers). What's the most recent sporting event that you watched?
Downhill ski racing, it was last Saturday as I was making dinner.

8) Also in 2014, Joan Rivers died. While best-known for making us laugh, she was a very successful entrepreneur, selling jewelry on QVC. Have you ever ordered anything from TV?
Nope, and I never will.
I take it back, if I remember I got a “Davy Crockett” raccoon hat.

9) Random question -- Have you ever been told you talk too much?
Probably, if not I should have been told.


Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I laughed at your last answer.

    I've never met anyone with my name but one or two had similar ones. Pirate's.. ah yes.. it's an acquired taste... you see, my hubby is/was a sailor, and our first date was a sailing one, so Pirate's was a fabulous sort of fantasy for me, as I dreamed of owning a sailboat and traveling the world on it.

    ReplyDelete