Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Keith Olbermann on Prop 8

I found this on Christine’s blog “Rising Up Whole,” and what I found interesting was that Mr. Olbermann comment that until the Supreme Court overturned the laws banned interracial marriage, Barack Obama's parents couldn’t marry. Some critic of the Connecticut Supreme Court decision claim that the courts are making laws, that is not correct, they are "Interpreting our state constitutional provisions in accordance with firmly established equal protection principles leads inevitably to the conclusion that gay persons are entitled to marry the otherwise qualified same sex partner of their choice." They are preventing the tyranny of the majority from oppressing the rights of the minority. I firmly believe that the California Supreme Court will overturn Proposition 8.

2 comments:

  1. I saw this video at Mrs. Chili's blog and agreed with a lot of what Keith said. Great video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just able to finally watch this video this evening. I am thinking of writing a post on it myself.

    ReplyDelete