Sunday, March 02, 2008

What Do You Do When You Are On Hold?

I was watching CBS Sunday Morning and they had a short segment on being put on hold.
Therefore, I thought I would ask this question… What do you do when you are put on hold for a long time and you can’t just hang up because you will just have to wait some other time?

I do one of two things; I either turn on the speakerphone or use a headset. If I am sitting at my desk and doing work, I turn on the speakerphone so that I can sit there and continue working. I have a cordless phone with a headset attachment and if I am put on hold, I connect the headset so that I can walk around the house and do other things.

So what do you do on hold? You can either leave a comment to your blog with a link to your answer here or leave your answer on the comment page.

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to link to this! Great question!!

    I usually play computer solitaire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I'm at work I wear a headset and continue to work. At home I'm usually on my cell phone, use speaker phone and surf the net. Usually reading blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I'm on hold at home, I tidy up the kitchen (it always needs something done).
    I'm rarely left on hold at work, but if I were I'd tidy up my desk (which always needs it)
    I'm seeing a pattern here. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I put on the speaker phone and fume!

    ReplyDelete