Monday, March 10, 2008

Manic Monday

Lisa's Manic Monday for March 10, 2007

What's your favorite thing to spend money on?
Food! I love to dine out at a nice restaurant.

If you could retire tomorrow what would you do?
Ah… I am retired. I volunteer at a non-profit LGBT Youth organization, they work with the Dept. of Children and families (DCF) and Dept. of Social Services (DSS) to find homes and mentors for LGBT kids. They are holding they annual conference this weekend. I also have gone back to college and are taking classes toward a Masters in Social Work.

Should anything be censored and if so, what and why?

Another hard question especially because so much hate speech is directed at me. But I think the only speech that should be censored is speech that promotes violence or may cause injuries such as call fire in a crowd or “those people should be wiped off the face of the earth, they are an abomination.”

6 comments:

  1. I love that you volunteer, Diana. You are doing such wonderful things with your time.

    Your answer to #3 is most excellent-- wish I would have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second what ^^ Lisa said. I commend you for your social work. Kudos!
    Good Luck on getting your Masters!
    Stay Positive and continue being YOU!
    ~W~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diana! Love your site. I'm linking to it from a new site a friend and I have created about Connecticut... Check us out sometime!

    www.thecutmag.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the work that you do! That is awesome! I agree with you on the censorship! Thanks for visiting me! Have a great week!

    Oh ya-I have another site where I just started hosting two new memes.Scrumptious Sunday & Hump Day Humor. Feel free to check it out. I am in need of more participants. Mercedes Rocks: http://mercedesrocks.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. See my comments on Lisa's:
    http://fleur-de-lisa.com/?cat=23

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, yummy food... now you are talking! Good for you for volunteering to help the kids. That is awesome!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete