Friday, October 05, 2007

Grrr… !

I made chili this morning before I had to go out. Red peppers were on sale this week for $.99 a lbs. so I thought it was a good time for a fresh pot of chili to freeze for winter (I use old margarine tubs to freeze it in. I can usually get six or seven of the cups full from a pot of chili.)
When I got home I expected to be welcomed to that wonderful smell of freshly made chili. I walked in the door and nothing, where’s that great smell? I look at the crock pot and I saw that I forgot to plug it in!
Well I guess supper is going to be a couple of hours late.


* 1 LB. Lean chopmeat or Beef Cubes
* 1/2 LB. Salt Pork
* 1 Green Pepper
* 1 Onion
* 16 oz Can Red kidney beans
* 16 oz Can Pinto beans
* 16 oz Can Tomato sauce
* 2 TBS Cumin
* 2 TBS Chili power
* 1 TBS Minced garlic
* 2 Cups Water ( Option - Beer )
* 1/4 Cup Corn Flour
* Tobasco sauce

Brown the chopmeat and salt pork in a skillet. Chop the onion and pepper. Except for the flour, add all the ingredients into a 4-quart pot and simmer for 1 hour (Crock pot for 4 - 6 hours). Before serving stir in the flour to thicken. Season to taste.

1 comment: