Sunday, January 07, 2007

FOUR FOR FRIDAY

Q1 - Investing: If you had extra money to invest in 2007, where would you put it? Real Estate, the stock market, municipal bonds, a friend's start-up, in a savings account, in a hedge fund, under your mattress, in a foreign market, in U.S. savings bonds, mutual funds, precious metals, your 401K or IRA, baseball cards, or somewhere else?
I have a broker who handles all of my accounts and I trust his judgement, which has been very, very good.

Q2 - Execution: As recently as yesterday afternoon, nearly six days after it happened, U.S. President George W. Bush steadfastly denied having seen the video of former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein's execution. Do you believe him?
No. If he didn’t then he should have. He should watch the seeds he has sown.

Q3 - Gays in the Military: A recent poll from Zogby International shows that U.S. military personnel are increasingly at ease serving with openly gay colleagues. The poll reveals that 73 percent of military members are not bothered by lesbians and gays serving alongside them. Nearly one in four (23 percent) service members polled reported knowing for certain that someone in their unit is lesbian or gay, including 21 percent of those in combat units. Do you feel gay people should be allowed to serve in the U.S. military, and despite what you believe, has you opinion on this matter changed any over the last 5-10 years?
I think everyone knows where I stand on this issue; I believe in Equality.

Q4 - Movie: What was the last movie you saw, and would you recommend that I take my Mother to see it?
I take it you mean in the theaters, I can’t remember the name, it was about a year ago and the movie was about the Middle East oil and the CIA. I don’t think she would have liked it. If you mean on DVD, it was “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire” and I watched it last night.

1 comment:

  1. The entire gays in the milatary thing continues to baffle me. I just can't understand what difference it would make to anyone if a soldier was gay or straight. Being an ex-military spouse I can attest to the fact that there were (and are) many gays in the military. I'll be happy if I live to see the day that it can be accepted and not made into a big deal.

    ReplyDelete