Monday, August 07, 2006

Back To School

From Manic Monday

1. Did you look forward to going back to school each year or did you dread it?
I hated school with a passion, starting with first grade all the way through college. My first day at school, my mother and grandmother literally had to pry me off of anything I could grab, stop signs, telephone poles, etc. all the way to the school.

2. What was your favorite item of school supplies to purchase each fall?
See answer number one, does it sound like I liked anything that had to deal with school?

3. Did you go shopping for new clothes for school, and if so did you enjoy the process?
Ditto. My mother bought me clothes for school.

Truthfully it wasn’t all that bad, I had friends at school that I played with and in high school I join the science club and helped out for the school play with the lighting. In college, well it was the late sixties and early seventies; there were plenty of drugs of all types around and a war on so you stayed in college no matter what to keep out of the draft. I managed to graduate with an engineering degree in ‘74
But the one thing I really did hate was the fact that my brother was an “A” student and the teachers use to say, “Your brother could do it, why can’t you?” If there is one thing teachers shouldn’t say it was that, it always made me very rebellious.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is a rotten thing to compare one sibling to another. There is no comparison and we shouldn't expect it.

    ReplyDelete