Sunday, December 09, 2012

Crunch!

I had all planned what I was going to write this morning, but as usual life gets in the way.

I was at a support group meeting last night when two friends who just left came back in and told me that someone had hit my brand new car that is only a week old and had 197 miles on it.

I told them that the joke wasn't funny and didn't want to leave the meeting; they finally talked me into going out and looking at my car. The side of had a big dent from a hit and run driver. When the police came and after all the paperwork was done the officer told me that there was another hit and run accident reported just one block north of where my car was hit. Tis the season of office parties and there are a lot of drunks out on the road.

Here is the damage that was done…


 I had just bought the car last Friday and picked it up on Saturday, it is a 2012 Prius Plug-in and I love it! What makes it different from the other Prii before (I own two other Prii before this Prius) it is that you can also charge up the battery by plugging it in. All this week when I was running earns around town I didn’t use any gas, it was only my trips to Springfield and to Pomfret (about 100 miles round trip for each trip) that I used gas this week so as a result my gas mileage this week was 61mpg.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Diana! Your poor new car!!!!! People are such cowards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... Your new car! That's horrible. People should know better than to hit and run. I hope he or she is caught eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no!! I hate that for you. My cars have always looked like that, but I've never owned anything newer than about 8 years old!! Is it just the one door? Hopefully that won't be too bad to fix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are going to replace the door with a new door and take off the bumper and repaint it.

    ReplyDelete