Friday, November 13, 2020

With The Holiday Season Upon Us…



 Let us remember all those without family and have no place to go these holidays.

This year is going to be a strange holiday season with the virus, even those with family will find themselves isolated from friends and family. The holidays are an especially lonely time, they might have been estranged from their family since they came out to them or their families and children have disowned them and for them Thanksgiving is a time when they feel their loss the greatest. Thanksgiving is a time where we reflect on all that we have been thankful for the year but for those of us it could also be a time a great sadness while they see others around them celebrating during the holiday seasons. So if you feel safe in the time of the virus, let us open our hearts and doors to them and invite them to the table.

That is the case with me, my brother’s family are scattered to the four winds along the eastern seaboard from the Carolina's to Maine. So right now it looks like we are having a zoomgiving, probably scheduled around football games.

So I have been putting my Thanksgiving dinner menu...
Lobster Newburg in pastries shells
Tossed salad
Wine
Dessert homemade Pistachio ice cream



Last month was my birthday and my brother and sister-in-law gave me this birthday card that brought tears to my eyes.





1 comment: