Saturday, November 28, 2020

Sam’s Saturday 9

Sam’s Saturday 9: Black (2016)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song was chosen because yesterday was Black Friday, the traditional day of sales. Have you begun your Christmas shopping?
Naw. Like years in the past, if you wait to the last minute to buy something, no fuss no muss just buy what’s left and let them exchange it for something they want.

2) Was there an adult beverage served with your Thanksgiving feast?
Since it was just me, no.

3) Did any pets enjoy scraps from your Thanksgiving table?
No pets

4) Are there any Thanksgiving leftovers in your refrigerator right now?
Well I never got to make Thanksgiving dinner, I was too bummed out and I just made a sandwich. So Friday night I made it.

First I was going to make homemade ice cream and I burned the mixture of eggs, cream and sugar. Next I dropped some pistachios and you know how when you reach just a little too far you pull your shoulder so with an aching arm I stooped down to pick them up from under the table, lost my balance and fell. Then the family Zoom get-together lasted longer than planned and it was just too late to make the Lobster Newburg and I wasn't hungry, so I just had a ham and pickle sandwich.

5) Football is a popular Thanksgiving weekend pastime. Will you be watching any games over the next few days? If yes, which team(s) are you rooting for?
Nope.

6) This week's song is by Dierks Bentley. He wrote it for his wife, Cassidy Black, who appears in the video. They met in eighth grade, dated on and off, and then eloped when they were in their late 20s. Has anyone ever surprised you by going off and suddenly getting married?
Nope.

7) 2016 was a good year for Bentley. This song was one of three hits he had that year, he co-hosted the CMAs and was nominated for Male Vocalist of the Year and Video of the Year. As 2020 winds to an end, do you feel it's been a successful year?
I think we should get a do-over for 2020 so on January 1st we start 2020 all over again just like it never happened.

8) In 2016, David Bowie died. Do you have a favorite Bowie song?
Space Oddity


9) Also in 2016, CBS telecast reran How the Grinch Stole Christmas for the 50th time. What's your favorite Dr. Seuss story?
Not really, my youth was a very, very long time ago and with no kids of my own I have picked up a Dr. Seuss book in decades. If I had to pick one it would be “A Very Crabby Christmas” the title sounds interesting.
However, I have been to the Theodor Geisel* museum exhibit in Springfield.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

*Theodor Geisel is Dr. Seuss’s real name. I bet you didn’t know that.

7 comments:

  1. I think your sandwich sounds just fine. Like you said in #1, "no muss, no fuss."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your shoulder is better! That kind of annoying pain is awful. Did you make your Lobster dish?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are kind of last minute shoppers too. Loved your answers. Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are doing better. I rather like your take on the last-minute shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, what a Thanksgiving! I hope you weren't hurt when you fell. As for doing 2020 over again...I'm afraid it might turn out to be a repeat. No thanks! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geez what a Thanksgiving tale you have to tell. Ham and pickle sandwiches are good but a far cry from what you'd planned. Ouch for that fall!
    And, yes, I did know that Dr. Seuss was a pen name but forgot that it was Geisel. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete