Saturday, November 14, 2020

Sam's Saturday 9

Saturday 9: All of Me (2013)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
I missed the last couple of Saturday 9 because I had a broken water pipe at the cottage and it kept me busy going up and back to the Cape on Saturdays.



Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) John Legend sings he loves his woman's "perfect imperfections." Tell us something quirky or imperfect about a loved one that you would not change.
Nothing.
If you try to change someone then they become someone who they are not… let it be.

2) John wrote this love song to his wife, Chrissy Teigen. The couple recently lost their baby after pregnancy complications. To whom did you most recently send a sympathy (or "thinking of you") card or message?
I haven’t had to send one in a very long time. Not that I haven’t lost a friend it just that was no one to send it to.

3) While adventurous in his creative career choices, John admits his taste in food leans toward the tried and true. His favorites are chicken (rotisserie or fried), macaroni and cheese, and steamed vegetables. What's on your weekend menu?
Not much, whatever I can scrape together.
But I have my Thanksgiving’s dinner for one planned already.
Lobster Newburg in pastries shells
Tossed salad
Wine
Dessert homemade Pistachio ice cream

Thinking about it just now, I think that I will grill a steak on the hibachi and German Potato salad, it might be the last time to cook outside for the season.

4) When he was growing up, John's mother, Phyllis, helped support the family as a seamstress. Are you any good with a needle and thread?
Ha! I can do simple mending and repair but my stitches will not win any awards.

5) As a child, he was such a big fan of Andy Griffith and Matlock that he wanted to be a lawyer. If you grew up to have the same occupation as the TV character you liked best as a kid, what would you be doing?
Riding a horse named Silver and chasing down outlaws.

6) John is a judge on The Voice. Do you watch that show? Or America's Got Talent, or American Idol?
Nope, nope, & nope.
I don’t watch any of those shows nor “reality” shows

7) In 2013, the year this song was popular, twin baby pandas were born at Zoo Atlanta. Their panda parents had been given to the US as a gift from the Chinese, with the understanding that any offspring would be given to China. So, in 2016, the panda cubs were flown to a Chinese conservation center. They had a hard time adjusting at first, confused by jet lag, unresponsive when spoken to in Chinese, unimpressed by their new diet. Have you ever found yourself similarly overwhelmed when you traveled far from home? (BTW, the pandas are doing just fine now in their permanent Chinese home.)
Oh yeah,
I got in to the Seattle airport at midnight local 3 AM east coast time

8) Also in 2013, The Pope posted his first tweet. What social media platforms do you regularly use?
Just Facebook... I'm friends with some Saturday 9 regulars. 

9) Random question: Have you ever a) written something on a public wall or b) carved anything into a tree of bench?
Nope.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Your Thanksgiving menu sounds divine! A good way to compensate for spending the holiday by yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on #1 and really #6 too...I hate reality shows. I do not even like The Voice, I just watch it so I do not lose touch with a friend.
    Your Thanksgiving dinner sounds wonderful! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lobster Newburg! What a fabulous idea for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a great Thanksgiving dinner! We will be foregoing the big meal this year, I think. Too much Covid and too many family members who voted Republican. Covid gives me a good excuse to avoid the hassle of discussions I don't care to have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Thanksgiving meal sound pretty good to me, either way. I do love lobster, but steak is right up there, too. We had the best Thanksgiving dinner a few years ago with some Filipino friends. They did a turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and all, but they also had lobsters and their homemade eggrolls and I cooked 5 lbs. of peel and eat shrimp. Our daughter wanted to know if we could have Thanksgiving with them every year! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Lone Ranger! Pleased to meet ya!
    We are staying home this year, too.
    I just saw a recipe for small lobster Newburg bites made with puff pastry. sounds really nice.

    ReplyDelete