Thursday, March 29, 2018

Great Move!

We all know that Pence is not a friend of LGBT people and he has done everything he can to marginalize us, well now someone found a great way to thumb his nose at Pence.
A high schooler is organizing the very first LGBTQ Pride Festival in Mike Pence’s home town
Rawstory
By Bob Brigham
March 26, 2018

Vice President Mike Pence’s hometown of Columbus, Indiana will have a Pride Festival for the very first time, organized by a high school student as a senior class project.

Erin Bailey, a bisexual student, told LGBTQ Nation that the notoriously homophobic Vice President “definitely” influenced her decision to organize the celebration.

“I wanted my project to be big because I sat on the panels last year. They all seemed cool, but I wanted to do something that would impact the community in a really big way,” Bailey told LGBTQ Nation. “I thought doing a pride festival would do that”

In a discussion of LGTBQ rights, President Donald Trump reportedly said that Pence “wants to hang them all!”
I think that this is great!

This is the original purpose behind Pride, it is not to party, it is not a social event, but rather it is to show our solidarity, it is to show our defiance to oppression.

I hope that Pence blows a gasket over this in his home town.



This afternoon I am at one of my alma maters, UConn SSW for a panel discussion about the book “At the Broken Places: A Mother and Trans Son Pick Up the Pieces,” the authors will talk about their book and it will be followed by panel on trans issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment