Monday, July 27, 2015

In A Closet, In A Box On The Back Shelf

That is how far I was hidden in the closet before I came out and what opened the door and took me out to the light of the day was the internet.

In this TEDx talk by CiCi she talks about crossdressing and also she mentions how the internet brought about the trans revolution. For me it differently was the internet that brought me out of the closet in 1999.

For me I was working with computers way back in 1969 and I dabbled with dial up timeshare systems back in the late 70s but I didn’t stay with it. Then one day at work we got PC and connected to the internet, being in electronics my boss asked me to research a replacement transformer for a power supply that we built on this newfangled computer.

Back in 1998 the search engines were not like todays Google and were rather crude, so I typed in “transformers”; lo and behold what came up crossdressers and transsexuals. Within a few days I had the internet in my house and I discovered that there were people who were just like me out there, I was not alone.

So take a few minutes and watch CiCi’s talk, it is much more that the internet…


No comments:

Post a Comment