Saturday, November 09, 2013

Saturday Six #500

Patrick’s Place Saturday Six #500

1. Think of the thing you fear the most that has stopped you from doing something you’ve wanted to do. Without revealing the fear or the action it is stopping, how long have you allowed that fear to get in your way?
Fifty years, I hide in the closet that long.

2. Of the people who’ve had the greatest impact on your life, which one would you most like to have the greatest impact on?
My high school science teacher, Mr. Downer

3. If you didn’t know how old you truly were and someone asked your age, based on how you feel about yourself and society itself, how old would you think you were?
95. Especially getting out of bed each morning

4. A quote attributed to Bruce Lee tells us we should “Be happy, but never satisfied.” Are you often more happy or more satisfied?
I’m more happy, but never satisfied. This week on Monday, I helped a college intern on her project; Tuesday, I was a guest lecturer at the UConn; Thursday, I attended a chamber of commerce breakfast and yesterday I went to a committee on aging. It was a very productive week.

5. If you had a close friend who spoke to you with the same intensity and criticism you used when speaking to yourself, would you want that friend to stay in your life?
I think so, it would depend if it was positive criticism.

6. You are invited to speak at a graduation ceremony and give advice to the students, but you are told that because of the sheer number of graduates, you’ll only have 30 seconds to speak. What important advice will you the graduates in those 30 seconds?
I would say, “Whatever you do in life ask yourself ‘do I make the world a better place?’”

No comments:

Post a Comment