Saturday, November 02, 2013

Saturday 9: Twilight Zone

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Twilight Zone



Unfamiliar with this week's featured song? Hear it here.

1) This is one of the first songs to see a bump in sales after its video was shown on MTV. Do you ever watch music videos?
Yes, there are some really classics on YouTube


2) Golden Earring is from the Netherlands. The average life expectancy there is 79 years old. Who is the oldest person you know?
Right now it is my cousin who is in his 80s. Unfortunately, my brother, my cousins, and I are the elders of the family, all our parents have past away.

3) The song's composer says the song and especially the video were inspired by the 1980 book, The Bourne Identity. The espionage thriller was finally made into a movie with Matt Damon in 2002. Do you have a favorite secret agent/spy?
Not really, the Bourne Identity is just as good as any other spy movie.

4) The song's title comes from The Twilight Zone TV show, which ran from 1959 to 1964. Are there any old shows that you enjoy watching in reruns?
One nice thing about cable is that there are a number of channels devoted to the old shows. The other day I was watching Perry Mason, my family use to be glued to the TV when Perry Mason was on TV.

5) "All guys cheat on their girlfriends, so yeah, I forgive him." Sam heard a young woman say that into her phone as they waited in line at the drugstore. While Sam is always surprised by how much personal information people share in the public, that's not what we're concentrating on this morning. Do you think that it's true? Do all guys cheat on their girlfriends?
Nope, I don’t know any in my family who cheat. I think it all depends on how your parents raised you.

6) Whenever Sam goes to the grocery store she picks up Snausages  because her dog looks at her with sad eyes when she tries to reward him anything else. What product has your brand loyalty?
Coffee, I buy Dunkin’ Donuts brand.

7) Do you have a piggy bank or a coin jar?
Yes, and it is about time to bring it to the bank to cash it in. Digging out change is a pain, I much rather save my change and just bring the bag to the bank’s machine to count ever couple of months.

8) Sam knows that she's always supposed to wear sunscreen, even on cloudy days, but she sometimes forgets. What do you know you should do, but sometimes don't?
Check my blood glucose. There are sometimes when I know it is high and I just want to avoid the bad news. I know that I have been a bad girl and why do I need a meter to tell me that.

9) Retailers report that sales of Halloween costumes for grown-ups are strong. Since Halloween was earlier this week and there will be parties this weekend ... What's your costume for Halloween 2013? If you aren't dressing up this year, tell us about one of your favorite outfits from a Halloween gone by.
Gee, I can’t remember. I don’t think I dressed up in over 20 years.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting that lovely Linda Ronstadt video. It makes me so sad to learn that she's no longer able to sing due to Parkinson's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's always some fund raiser or other going on at school so after I save my quarters for laundry, I collect my other change for donations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Linda Rondstadt, that was wonderful to listen to. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter loves Duncan Donuts coffee. I'm not much of a coffee person myself.

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. My family & I were all talking recently. We're almost out of members in the oldest generation. The next is my mom's, and she and her siblings and cousins are all pretty close. But it ends there. My generation (me, my brother, our cousins) barely speak, and the generation following ours wouldn't know each other if they tripped over each other. It's made me sad these last couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete