Saturday, November 30, 2013

Saturday 9: Back to Black

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Back to Black



1) Black is this week's signature color because Friday, November 29, was "Black Friday," when retailers cut their prices and consumers flock to the stores. Did you score any "Black Friday" bargains?
Nope. The closest I was to shopping was getting stuck in traffic on the New York Thruway where everyone was getting off to go to a mall; it backed traffic up for 10 miles! Grrr!

2) Legend has it that Black Friday began as a neighborhood phenomenon among storeowners in Philadelphia back in the early 1960s. What else comes to mind when you think of Philly?
Philly Steak sandwich.

3) Feasting and football are also popular Thanksgiving weekend pastimes. Do your Thursday-Sunday plans include pigging out or watching a game?
Nope, I read while everyone was huddled around the TV on Thursday.

4) At Thanksgiving dinners, Crazy Sam's homemade gravy is always a hit. (Probably because she's so generous with the cognac, which gives the gravy a nutty taste.) Do you have a signature dish?
Corn Soufflé, but I didn’t make it this year.

5) Among the biggest the Black Friday advertisers are Target, Kohl's, Macy's and Best Buy. If you could have a $100 gift card to any one of those stores, which would you choose?
Well Macy’s doesn’t have anything in my size, I don’t like Target as much as Kohl’s but I looking to buy a tablet so I have to go with Best Buy.

6) You're in a public restroom that offers both paper towels and a hot air hand dryer. Which one do you choose?
Towels, the hot air dryer doesn’t dry my hands completely and with a towel you can grab one and step aside, while the dryer only one person at a time can dry their hands.

7) While Back to Black is the best-selling Amy Winehouse CD, her first was called Frank, named for her hero, Frank Sinatra. Tell us about someone you inspires you.
Nikola Tesla

8) Do you consider yourself a pessimist or an optimist?
It depends, sometimes I’m a pessimist, and sometimes I am an optimist. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

9) Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone (a verbal conversation -- not an exchange of texts)?
A friend about meeting for lunch.

5 comments:

  1. My nephew (8th grade) did a report on the environmental impact of air dryers vs. paper towels. He came to no conclusion about that, but he did discover that air dryer filters are frequently not changed as often as recommended and can add to, as he said, "germiness."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like the traffic or the crowds either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't have to google Tesla!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder what the term is for a middle-of-the-road pessimist/optimist. Pessoptimist?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen brawls in parking lots on black Friday. Totally not worth leaving the house for.. thank goodness for online shopping...

    ReplyDelete