Saturday, September 07, 2013

Saturday 9: Band on the Run

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Band on the Run



1) This song is about a band of musicians that escapes on an adventure. Do you consider yourself spontaneous and adventurous?
Nope. I like to plan things out in advance so that I can worry about it.

2) Paul McCartney and Wings traveled all the way to Lagos, Nigeria, to record Band on the Run. That's a long, long way from London. What's the farthest from home you've ever been?
The west coast, we drove down the west coast from Seattle to San Francisco along the coast. My suggestion to anyone who is planning on doing that is to drive up the coast. That way you are on the inside lane, it can get pretty scary sometimes going around blind corners and a truck is over the line.

3) Wings featured Linda McCartney on keyboards. Paul said that when Linda died, after almost 30 years together, he lost the love of his life. Who is the love of your life? Or have you yet to meet him/her?
I’m still waiting.

4) Paul has said he's very proud of Band on the Run, his most successful post-Beatles album. Brag a little. Tell us something you're proud of.
Getting my master’s, I think I did good.

5) Paul's birth certificate reads "James Paul McCartney." He's named for his father, Jim. Are you named after anyone?
Yes, I was named after the doctor who delivered me.

6) Paul enjoys oil painting in his spare time. What's one of your hobbies?
Photography.

7) 20 Forthlin Road, Paul McCartney's boyhood home, has been turned into a museum by the British government. It's a modest 2 bedroom cottage, with a drainpipe that Paul used to climb to sneak in after curfew. How would you describe your childhood home?
A typical suburban ranch house, 3 bedrooms, 1 ½ baths

8) Paul is 5'11". How tall are you?
5’11” I think I shrunk an inch.

9) Actor Christopher Lee is on the album cover. He played Dracula in a series of movies in the 1950s and 1960s. Who is your favorite vampire?
I don’t have any favorite vampires unless you call the IRS a vampire.

On Saturdays I take a vacation from the heavy topics and have some fun with memes.

5 comments:

  1. Your Masters! Wow! I'm impressed. You have indeed "done good."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Masters is a great accomplishment! And the IRS - good answer! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Kathy W as well, the IRS are vampires. The master's degree is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have actually gone up the coast- San Diego to San Francisco via car and then San Fran to Seattle via plane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can so relate with your answer to #1--plan so you can worry!

    ReplyDelete