Thursday, September 12, 2013

Emotions

I was driving home from the cottage yesterday listening to the radio when the played “Honey” by Bobby Goldsboro and as it was playing tears came to my eyes. I have his album with this song and “Little Green Apples” and no matter how many time I listen to that record I never cried.

So now I’m wondering why did it bring me to tears, was it because my parents dying? Was it because I have more life experiences to relate to? Or was it because of hormones?

I probably watched “Love Story” two or three times and I never cried until I started take hormones. "Fifty First Dates" is another movie that makes me cry.

I joke that since I started taking hormones I learned what is meant by a “good cry” it seems to have some therapeutic value, I don’t know but I seem to feel better after I cry during a movie or a sad song. I’m still trying to figure it all out. It feels good to get your emotions out and not keep them bottled up inside of you.

Here is a video of him singing “Honey”

1 comment:

  1. I've always been a softie--I cry when I'm happy, sad, angry, or frustrated. You're right, it's cathartic.

    ReplyDelete