Thursday, March 08, 2012

My Story Part 110 – I Have A Dream

Ever since I attended my first support meeting, I asked a simple question… How can I help?” And that question led me down a path that I never dreamed of going down. It led me to get my MSW and now for the first time I see that it might lead to a new career. I have been talking to a group of people that provides training on diversity, one is a lesbian and the other is a gay man (they own the company) and we have been talking with a third person who is a former HR manager. What we want to do is to go into companies and do diversity training and I will be doing the “T” portion of the training. I would be a contract employee or a consultant, which would mean that I’ll have to do a little research to find out how that would work for tax purposes. Would I have to collect sales tax and pay my own Social Security, or whatever?

With the passage of the new gender inclusive anti-discrimination statute and the work that I did helping pass it, along with my MSW, it has puts me in a good position for teaching diversity to companies.

I have always felt that change is brought about by education and this is natural extension to my dream.

They are going to the workshop that I am giving at the True Colors conference, so it will be a kind of audition for me, so wish me luck next week.

1 comment:

  1. This is great news. A great opportunity for you.

    ReplyDelete