Saturday, December 10, 2011

Saturday 9: Drift Away (RIP Dobie Gray)

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Drift Away (RIP Dobie Gray)


1. Who or what bores you enough to mentally drift away?
I have a friend who links to ramble on and never get to the point
As a side bar: I have a voice mail from a radio show host, who left a voice mail that rambled on and never go to the point before the time ran on the voice mail. He left a second voice mail and half way through that one, he finally asked me to be a guest on his show.

2. How many members of your family not living with you do you see on during the holidays?
I see all of my brother’s family except for a nephew who lives down in North Carolina

3. When spending time with family, how long after you arrive do you begin to feel "antsy" about being there too long?
I don’t feel that I do get that "antsy" with the family. However, since I live alone, I do enjoy the peace and quiet.

4. Does your family more generally get along at a holiday gathering or are there generally arguments?
Yes, I think we do.

5. Are you ever embarrassed by your family around friends?
OK, there was this time when my father was still alive and he couldn’t talk because of a stroke and we were eating out. He wanted more coffee so he hit the waitress in the butt with his cane; I wanted to hide under the table. But his lovable smile won over the waitress as he pointed to his cup and he tried to say “coffee”.

6. Of the celebrities that died in 2011, who will you miss the most?
I don’t know I’ll miss them, but I felt sad when I heard the Harry Morgan died

7. When you watch a movie in a movie theater, do you like the theater filled to capacity, halfway full, or nearly empty? Does your answer change depending on the type of movie you're seeing or do you feel the same way regardless of the movie or genre?
I go to the movies maybe once or twice a year and since I am retired, I usually go with the geriatric crowd on a weekday afternoon.

8. What’s one really cool/useful/nice thing you purchased for yourself this year?
My latest toy is a Kindle Touch http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005890G8Y/ref=famstripe_kt . The other cool thing was a projector http://www.projectorreviews.com/vivitek/qumi/index.php for the computer to give presentations. Did I happen to mention that it also great to watch movies, the screen is 92”

9. Are you in the holiday spirit yet?
Bah Humbug! I hate going to stores and hearing Christmas music playing.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so with you on the carols playing. I love the Christmas Eve. That's about it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stores are indeed the worst place on earth this time of year. I wonder if that radio show person likes going :)

    Have a great Saturday
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/12/are-you-in-the-holiday-spirit-yet/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harriet, I doubt it, he riders all around Hartford on a bike. He is very into "Green"

    ReplyDelete