Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Manic Monday #221

Lisa’s Manic Monday #221



What's the main thing that builds your self-confidence and why?
Good question!
I know for me, self-confidence is something that I am aware of daily. Every waking hour I have to fight to keep my self-confidence because there are so many people out there that are trying to tear it down. How many of you who are reading this have every had someone come up to you and tell you that you are damned and going to hell? I have. Or have gone to a fast food place and one of the employees yells to the people in the back, “Hey you all have to see this!” and they all come out to gawk.
I am reminded of the poem by Reverend Jesse Jackson, “I am Somebody”



What lessons in humility have you learned over the course of your life?
That we all make mistakes or do something that we regret, but we owe up to it and move on.

How do you combat negative thoughts?
Okay, this is out of Coping Skills 101…
Belly breathing, square breathing, visualization – I’m a beautiful field of flowers, practice relaxation exercises, distracting yourself, etc. I use “distracting myself” a lot, if I’m in a check-out line and someone is staring, I might concentrate on the tabloid newspaper rack.

1 comment: