Sunday, September 05, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

I just got back New Hampshire where I was at the family cottage for the weekend. We relaxed (i.e. napped)and we also did some work around the cottage. I installed an outside outlet and my nephew and his wife painted the bathroom and stairway, while my brother installed some Sheetrock and painted. The weather was very windy and the temperature in the low 70's during the day and at night it dropped into the upper 40's. Therefore, we spent a lot of the time indoors. The kids however went in swimming and even though they were turning blue, they had a great time in the water. In the strong winds leftover from hurricane Earl, my nephew's wife went out sailing on the lake and had a blast. She comes from Long Island, sailed most of her life and she said that it was a challenge to sail on the lake Saturday with all the changing winds gusts and wind direction.

I planted some Black Eye Susan's this spring and it is finally paying off...


P.S. I'll catch up on the weekend memes tomorrw.

No comments:

Post a Comment