Saturday, September 27, 2008

Saturday Six - Episode 233

Patrick’s Place Saturday Six - Episode 233

1. Overall, do you feel like you’re in better financial shape now than you were five years ago, worse shape, or roughly the same shape?
I am in worst shape, especially in the last couple of weeks

2. Of the debts you currently owe, what percentage of them would you say are unnecessary debts that were caused by not watching your money closely enough?
-zero-

3. Are you worried about the economy’s effect on your job?
I am not worried about my job because I am retired, but I am worried about my retirement accounts

4. Take the quiz:
What’s Your Money Personality?




Your Money Personality is Tightwad



You don't spend money unless you absolutely have to.
And when you do spend, you try to go for the cheapest option possible.

You're not a penny pincher because you're poor. In fact, you may have the most cash of anyone you know.
You're a true saver. You feel safest when you can watch your bank account grow.

While more people should follow your lead, make sure you're not depriving yourself.
Spend enough money to take care of yourself in the short term, so you'll be healthy and happy for the long term.



5. Should the government bail out the struggling banks, or should the government divide the money they’re going to give the banks among taxpayers as a one-time “shot in the arm” for America’s workers?
I do not know. I do know that I invested in insured AAA bonds, trading lower returns for security. Unfortunately, some of them were with Lehman Brothers and guess who they were insured by… AIG. They are now worth nothing and I will be lucky that when all this dust settles in five or ten years they might be worth 30 or 40 cents on the dollar.

6. If a rich stranger were to hand you a check in an amount equal to a year’s salary, would that amount take care of all of your debt, make you feel financially stress-free, both or neither?
I would give me room to hopefully ride out this storm for a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment