Monday, September 17, 2007

The Phone Call I Didn’t Want to Hear on Sunday Morning

I was lying on the couch reading my homework assignment when the phone rang. I answered and a man said; “I am from the New Hampshire Marine Patrol, your boat sank and you have to get it out immediately. Otherwise it may cause environmental damage. You can be fined and charged for the clean up.” Yikes! By that time I was sitting up and he had my undivided attention, he went on to say that we should contact a marine salvage operation to get float it again. I told we will get right on it.”
After running around in circles for a couple of seconds, I called my brother, packed and was headed up to New Hampshire.
This is what I found…

We did raises it up off the bottom and re-float it. We did it by my brother pulling the bow down and with me pulling the stern up so that we managed to get the gunnels above water and we could bail it out.
But I did get to take these sunrise pictures this morning with the fog rising up of the lake.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about the boat. Will it be useable again?

    The fog shots are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we are getting the motor repaired. $$$

    ReplyDelete