Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Getting To Know You

GETTING TO KNOW YOU - IT'S A BLOGGY, BLOGGY WORLD!

When did you begin your first blog and what inspired you to do so?
Well it wasn’t a blog because they didn’t have blogs when I first started my Geocities web-site in 2000. I started my web-site in hopes of educating other transgendered people to show that it is possible to have a life, to be able to go out public
I started my blog in April 2006 because I wanted a wider audience, not just trans-people but also non-trans as well. The mission was still the same; to educate. Also the blog allowed me to have comments while the web-site didn’t.

Do you have more than one blog? Why? How are they different?No just the one, its enough.

How would you characterize your blog?Creative – 20%
Political – 20%
Informational – 40% (Mainly about trans-life)
Community-oriented – 20% (Over laps with Informative.)
Or something else?
I try to keep it balanced and not harp too much on trans-stuff or politics but to keep it light and entertaining.

To paraphrase Oprah, what is "one thing you know for sure" about blogging?
You can meet a lot of interesting people who blog

Is it important to you to get feedback in terms of comments or pings? Why or why not?
Very important; 1) it lets me know I am being read, 2) it lets me know which entries attract readers, 3) it lets other people express their views.

What 3 blogs would you recommend to our readers and why?
I am going to cheat and name four:
Lisa’s Fleur de Lisa – it is interesting entries and has great photographs

Cat’s Sweet Memes – she is the Queen of Memes

Peterson’s A Musing – a lot of interesting entries on being Ex-ex-gay and being a Christian gay man

Helen’s (en)Gendered – she writes about what it is like to be married to someone who is transgendered and about being a Feminist. She is also an author of two great books one about her husband and the other that I am reading now about herself and other trans-wives.

4 comments:

  1. I must agree with you, I have met a lot of interesting people via blogging and you are on my list of those people. Even though I am a part of the GLBT community you have furthered my education on the T part of the equation. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Fleur de Lisa too! Gonna check out your other recommendations. And I have one for you...my fellow New Orleanian and friend, Morwen.
    She has 2 blogs and a heart of gold!

    http://gentillygirl.com/

    http://gentillygirl.blognola.org/

    Thanks for participating again this week! Makes me feel good to have repeat participants!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I was just going to comment on the "you meet a lot of interesting people via blogging" when I saw that someone else beat me to it! :)

    Blogs make the larger world a much happier and smaller place. Where else could we *meet* so many different people and be a part of their lives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm honored to be listed...thank you. You have, in the short time I've been reading your blog, been a real inspiration to me in many ways. Don't think I've told you that, though. I'm off to check out the recommendations I don't recognize!

    ReplyDelete