Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Miss Elainie

Christmas/Holiday Potpourri

1. Do you get stressed-out over the holidays? If so, what stresses you out the most?
Who, me get stressed out, never happens! Yeah right, I get stressed over everything; shopping, buy and decorating the tree, wrapping the presents, etc.

2. Have you ever eaten chestnuts?
Yes and I can tell you it is nothing to write home about. My grandmother use to roast them in the oven each Christmas, they have a strong taste to them.

3. Do you have a special recipe you make during the holidays and if so what is it?
Yes, Poppy Seed and Nut Rolls (Potica) which my grandmother use to make ever Christmas and I tried to make it once, but it is way too much work. Now I found a store that makes it almost the way my grandmother made it.

4. Have you ever had Carolers come to you door?
A long time ago some of the neighbors came around signing and wish Christmas cheer (which I thought they were taking quite literality)

5. Do you wish for snow on Christmas/The Holidays?
A white Christmas is nice but too many people travel on the holidays. It is not like the olden days when “The horse knew the way to carry the sleigh”, cars are just not as sure footed as horses.

1 comment:

  1. Well now I know about the roasted chestnuts! I hope you can have time to relax, de-stress and enjoy your holiday.

    ReplyDelete