Thursday, November 11, 2021

I Don’t Know Why? They Tried To Correct Me, But That Didn't Work

They tried to “correct” me but it didn’t work.

Their “corrections” made it worst.

It is in nature, you see monkeys and other primates do it, it is not something we made up to be “different.”

No one know why I am like this, but I know it is real.

It makes life so much harder, it is the little things that get to you.

But all my life I knew that I was left handed, the nuns used to whack my knuckles and as a results I have horrible handwriting. I don’t know which hand to write with so my writing looks like chicken scratches. (Ha! I bet you thought that I was talking about gender dysphoria)

When you are sitting at a table eating you are always bumping elbows, when you want to use a pair of scissors you have to use your right hand (But it worked out at work great! My scissors kept on walking and I had to hunt down the tech who took them, but one day I got a bright idea that stopped the scissors thefts. I got a pair of left handed scissors and no one borrowed them again. Hee, hee!).

World wide about ten percent of us are sinister, no one knows why, it is just a fact that some people are left handed.

Did you know that LGBTQ+ people are more likely to be left handed? I didn’t know either until I was collecting signatures for the gender inclusive non-discrimination bill at a True Colors conference and I noticed that many were signing the petition with their left hand. It was really noticeable, it was like 3 or 4 in a row were left handed. So like any good engineer I researched it.

Left-handedness in homosexual men and women: neuroendocrine implications

PubMed

Abstract

Although numerous researchers have hypothesized a biological factor in the etiology of homosexuality, there is a lack of empirical evidence. Previous investigations did not focus on behavioral functions of the brain. Using neuropsychological testing, we found an increased incidence of left-hand preference (defined as non-consistent right-hand preference) in a group of 32 homosexual women. A trend in the same direction was found in a group of 38 homosexual men…

McCormick CM, Witelson SF, Kingstone E. Left-handedness in homosexual men and women: neuroendocrine implications. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 1990;15(1):69-76. doi: 10.1016/0306-4530(90)90048-e. PMID: 2367617.

Are you getting where I am heading with this?

When I do diversity training I get asked a lot if gender dysphoria is real? What causes it? And I answer with asking the class, who is left-handed. Those who raised their hand I ask when did you decide that you wanted to be left-handed? Why are you left-handed? The class quickly get the message that we don’t know the answer to many questions of why we are the way we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment