“It is unfortunate that the makeup of our Legislature has changed to the extent that we are weaponizing religion to discriminate against this small minority,” Ferguson said.I search Google News every morning to search the news and something remarkable is happening in those searches, it is that more and more mainstream news media is coming out against the states that are attacking us. That quote above is from a USA Today article,
- 'Children will die': Transgender advocates warn about risks as more states consider banning gender-affirming care for kids
- The Maine Millennial: Stop attacking transgender children
- Medical Ban for Trans Kids Is Morally Repugnant, Yet Likely Legal
- 'What are you afraid of,' asks mom of transgender child to Florida lawmakers
- New Arkansas Law—and Similar Bills—Endanger Transgender Youth, Research Shows
- As Texas Legislature considers anti-trans bills, NCAA announces it will not hold events in states that discriminate against trans students
- Why Republicans Are Turning Transgender Children Into Political Scapegoats
Also ABC, CBS, NBC, and NPR all have come out in response to the bills and laws, I haven’t found one article or editorial that has come out in favor of the bills.
What is important to consider is that the people are against these bills. Ms magazine reported…
On Wednesday, Hart Research Associates and LGBTQ+ organization the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) released a new report that finds that 73 percent of people believe that trans kids should be allowed to play on the team on which they feel comfortable, including 56 percent of Republicans.The Republicans have created a backlash but as usual the Republicans are deaf to it and are moving ahead
The poll also found that 70 percent of the country supports the Equality Act, the watershed nondiscrimination protections bill for LGBTQ+ people that is heading to the Senate Judiciary Committee.
“The country truly is landing on a place and on the side of equality and opportunity,” said JoDee Winterhof, senior vice president of policy and political affairs at HRC. “We continue to see a strength in these numbers, even while there are significant attacks on our community and particularly on transgender youth across the country.”
Wednesday’s poll found that while many initially did express hesitancy about transgender participation in sports, more information quickly shifted their reactions, researchers said. When first asked, just 38 percent said they supported allowing kids to play on sports teams consistent with their gender identities and 28 percent were undecided.
A Gallup poll found…
Another recent survey conducted by the Public Religion Research Institute showed that 82% of Americans favored "laws that would protect gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people against discrimination in jobs, public accommodations and housing."The Kaiser Family Foundation found that…
The poll finds:You might remember back in 2018 Massachusetts had Question 3 on their ballot that would have banned protection for us in public accommodation and that was soundly defeated, but the question is will these polling results carry over to the elections? Voters tend to vote their pocketbooks and on local issues.
- 9 in 10 in ten adults agree with last week’s Supreme Court ruling, say it should be illegal for employers to fire or refuse to hire people because they are lesbian, gay, or bisexual (90%) or transgender (89%).
- About 9 in 10 say it should be illegal for doctors or other health care providers to refuse to treat people because they are lesbian, gay, or bisexual (89%) or transgender (88%).
- 85% say it should be illegal for health insurance companies to refuse to pay for health care services for people who are transgender.
- In each case, large majorities across partisan lines, including more than 7 in 10 Republicans, think such discrimination against LGBTQ people should be illegal.
What we have to do is speak up and speak out against the hate, we have to show what the Republican party really is... a party of hate.
And if you're an ally then you also have to speak up, your voice carries more weight then us because you are speaking from the heart.
The Republican party is a party that is against everything and for nothing.