Sunday, January 29, 2017

Train Trans

Yesterday I went up to the Eastern States Exposition to the Amherst Railway Society Railroad Hobby Show. I not really a big fan of model trains but we had a train layout in the basement when I was little and it gave me many hours of enjoyment, and the hobby has progressed immensely since I was little. One of the directions that it has advanced is in the area of electronics; my background is in the field of Instrumentation and Control Engineering.  Before I retired I worked for an international company that made control systems for power plants so model train controls is just an extension of that.

Also for some reason trains and trans seem to go together. In one support group it got so bad that we had a rule that you couldn’t talk about trains, a rule that was broken many times, and on one of the online forums they has a thread devoted to trains.

So here are some photos and a video from yesterday’s trip.






I went up with a retired employee from work and member of the senior center’s photo club. We met two other former employees who now have a video production company that makes train videos. Also much to my surprise I met a trans woman that I know and she was selling trains equipment.

One thing, for many trans people they think going to a show like this is impossible but it is an excellent way to get out because no one cares about you, they only care about model trains.

No comments:

Post a Comment