Saturday, January 14, 2017

Saturday 9: Wake Me Up Before You Go Go

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Wake Me Up Before You Go Go (1984)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song was inspired by a note WHAM! partner Andrew Ridgeley left for his parents. He accidentally wrote "go" twice. What was the last handwritten note you left for someone?
I think it was at the health collective where I volunteer two days a week/

2) Born Georgios Panayiotou, George Michael was the son of the Greek restauranteur in East London. When you think of Greek cuisine, what comes to mind?
Stuffed grape leaves.
Hey! You asked and that was the first thing that popped up in my mind.

3) He was a terrible driver and admitted his license was suspended a number of times. Have you ever lost your license?
If you mean from speeding or DUI, nope.
But I did lose my purse and I had to cancel all my credit cards and get a new driver license, what a hassle! I originally thought someone stole it out of my pocketbook but then a number of months later I found my purse under my car seat. It must have slid out of my pocketbook and down between the sat and the console.

4) WHAM! partner Andrew Ridgeley, on the other hand, is a talented driver who got to live his fantasy by racing Formula Three in Monaco. There are companies that sell racetrack driving experiences that allow you to spin around the track at dizzying speeds. Is this something you like to try? 
Yup. At the track at Limerock Park they have that and also have race car diving training.

5) In 1990, Frank Sinatra famously gave George Michael advice. Ol' Blue Eyes told the younger man to enjoy his fame, to remember all those lean nights traveling from gig to gig by bus and, now that he's successful, "loosen up and swing, man." Who last gave you advice? Did you take it?
The waitress, she suggested that I try the pot roast and it was good.

6) Mr.  Michael's neighbors have reported since his passing that he seemed to live rather quietly, and that they usually saw him when he was out walking his three dogs. Tell us about the last time you spoke to one of your neighbors.
I have to really think back on that one. Do you mean a conversation or just a simple “Hi?”
I said “Hi” to my neighbor the other day when we both went to our mailbox.

7) Fansites tell us that George Michael's favorite cereal was cornflakes. What breakfast cereals are currently in your kitchen?
Generic Cheerios

8) In 1984, when "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" was popular, Murder, She Wrote premiered on CBS. Today it's still seen in reruns all over the world. Are you a fan?
Oh yes, I watch most afternoons

9) RANDOM QUESTION: What's your secret to a good night's sleep?
Sh… don’t tell anyone! I smoke a bowl of pot before bed.

6 comments:

  1. You're our second adventurous race car driver this week! (First, if CountryDew's husband doesn't count.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BWAHAHA- nice advice on how to get to sleep.... lol
    Glad to hear you found what works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sleep aid advice! Too bad I don't know how to get my hands on any in my state.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would not be able to drive that fast. But I'd love to watch a friend do it and recount the adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your last answer. I'm sure that will be the best option given this week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If USA replaced NCIS reruns with Murder She Wrote reruns, I'd be watching them.

    ReplyDelete