Saturday, August 29, 2015

Saturday 9: Viva la Vida

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Viva la Vida (2008)

Every Saturday I take time off from written on serious topics to have some fun…

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) The song refers to the singing of choirs. Have you ever been in a choir or a vocal group? 
Nope, I would probably be banned from singing

2) Chris Martin sings of when he "ruled the world." If you were in charge and had infinite power, what would you change right away?
Ban guns except for muzzle loaders.

3) Chris used to be married to actress Gwyneth Paltrow. USA Today, The Washington Post and The Daily Telegraph have all run articles about how Gwyneth seems to annoy so very many people. What celebrity gets on your nerves?
None of them because I don’t care what celebrities do or say.

4) Coldplay's first big hit was, "Yellow." What color are you wearing right now?
Aqua. I am wearing and aqua robe.

5) Sam remembers when she used to hear this song everywhere and can't believe that was 7 years ago! When is the last time you had a similar "my, how time flies!" moment?
On a warm summer night, a couple of weeks ago when I was coming back from a meeting, As I was driving down the main drag in town the “House of the Rising Sun” came on the radio, I was transported back to the 60s coming home from hanging out at the McDonald’s on the Turnpike.



6) In 2008, when "Viva la Vida" was popular, John Grisham's latest legal thriller, The Appeal, was jumping off bookshelves. What have you read this summer?
The Symphony of Ages trilogy by Elizabeth Haydon and Lord John and the Brotherhood of the Blade: A Novel (Lord John Grey Book 2) by Diana Gabaldon.

7) Thinking of books: Let's say a biographer has taken the task of writing your biography. What would you title your life story? 
Phoenix, the reborn.

8) 2008 is also the year Paul Newman died of cancer. Name a Newman movie. 
I bet also everyone will name “Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid”

9) Random question: Do you like garlic?
Yes, but not too much to overpower the other ingredients.

5 comments:

  1. Love your answer to #1, because it could be mine! And, so far this morning, two tragic souls seem to have never heard of Butch and the Kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your life story title. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your biography title!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think anyone will ever ban guns in this country no matter how disgusting things get.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm 100% with you on the guns answer!!! And I'm so glad you are enjoying Gabaldon's Lord John books. I didn't think I would like them, but they are actually very good.

    ReplyDelete