Saturday, August 15, 2015

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Stay with Me (2014)
Every Saturday I take time off from written on serious topics to have some fun…

... because Kwizgiver recommended it

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Sam Smith explains that this song is about just not wanting to wake up alone. How about you? Are you comfortable being by yourself?
I’m an introvert so I crave solitude.

2) Last year a lawsuit filed by Tom Petty and Jeff Lynne, who maintained that "Stay with Me" was really just "I Won't Back Down." Petty and Lynne won. Have you ever served on a jury?
Yes, it was a civil case in federal court and it was a hoot! The plaintiff’s lawyer were like Mutt and Jeff. One was fat and had food stains on his shirt and was the friendly down home type of lawyer when he asked questions and if he didn’t get the answers they wanted the other lawyer who was thin and wiry would get up and start banging on the witness stand with his fist and attacking the witness. While the defense lawyers were big bucks $$$$! The men in three piece suits and the woman wore a suit dress. Very entertaining, much better than any TV legal drama.

3) Smith performed this on The David Letterman Show. Did you watch Dave's final episode last May? 
Nope, and I rarely watch any late night shows

4) Smith says his style was influenced by ladies with "massive voices," including Adele, Amy Winehouse, Chaka Kahn, and Whitney Houston. Of those four, which do you listen to most often?
None of them.

5) Speaking of style, Mr. Smith is a smart dressed man who looks comfortable and dapper as he walks the red carpet in a tux. Do you enjoy getting dressed up for special occasions? 
Yes, I go to several fundraising banquets a year.

6) "Occasions" is a word that makes Crazy Sam stumble because she can never remember how to spell it correctly. Are you a good speller?
I are a inguneer.

7) Sam Smith was born on May 19, which makes him a Taurus. When did you last check your horoscope?
Oh, maybe forty or fifty years ago.

8) Tauruses are supposed to be reliable, organized and ambitious. Do any of those three adjectives describe you?
Reliable, disorganized and unambitious.

9) Random question: Look at the floor. Do you see carpet, rug, hard wood or tile?
Rugs on a hardwood floor.

I got a new laptop and the files from the old one are transferred over to my new laptop. My words of advice... backup, backup, backup your files.

6 comments:

  1. So this is your first Sat 9 on the new laptop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new laptop! And I will backup my files after I comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ur a watt? Lol!

    Great answers! Happy new computer days, to you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your answer about spelling made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to buy a new desktop a few weeks ago. I keep an external hard drive that backs up hourly. I would be lost if I didn't. I am afraid of the cloud. I don't want "those people" to know my business.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm into the solitude thing too. You're rockin' that outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete