Monday, August 31, 2015

Lightning Does Strike

That is the way I look at it.
Transgender Dating From a Lesbian’s Point of View
The Transgender Guide
By Tina Foster

My first experience with a transgender MtF was online. I had used a dating site to put up a profile because, well, I was looking for companionship and wanted to reach outside my small town to find a female lover. One of my responses was from a transgender woman. She was very up front about it, didn’t try to trick me or anything like that – and I was intrigued, because I’d never dated one before, and I pride myself on my open-mindedness. So I figured “Why not?”

As soon as I spent time with her, I never thought of her as anything but a woman. She looked like a woman, acted like a woman, spoke like a woman, moved like a woman. She was (IS) a woman. It wasn’t her fault that she was born with the wrong outer shell. Who am I to question how one genetic code didn’t line up correctly while she was in the womb?
[…]
Bottom line is this: A person that has the unfortunate instance to be born with the wrong parts, doesn’t make that person automatically male or female. This identity is inside the person. No matter what society wants to try to brainwash into our heads, genetic mistakes are made – and the people born with gender identity issues should be able to rectify those issues.

I know if I had been born in a male body – with my obvious female self inside – I would want to set her free.
I think for them the hard part is to get over their initial hesitancy and I think the way to overcome that is to get out with other lesbians and let them know you as a person. The problem that I find is that at my age most are married or dating.

There are a lot of senior lesbian events going on around the area, there are dances, game nights, walking and bicycling groups, and now senior centers are holding LGBT events.

The way I look at it is that people get hit by lightning every day and so there is always a chance of meeting someone.

# # # # #

I wrote this Sunday afternoon and then Sunday night on “I Am Cait” what did they talk about during the show? Dating. They talked about how hard it is to date when you’re trans. If you tell them right away they run away and if you tell them once the relationship develops they feel betrayed. Or they want to have sex right away because they think being trans is all about “SEX.”

No comments:

Post a Comment