Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Emotions And Music

Music doesn’t usually affect emotionally but it happened twice. The first time was at first time I went to a Transgender Day of Remembrance and we sang “We Shall Over Come.” It hit me so hard and I cried and cried, it was right after the reading of the names when we sang the song.

The other time was Sunday, I was at a private concert with Namoli Brennet and she sang a new song that she just wrote about how the same day that everyone was celebrating the passage of marriage equality in Rhode Island, a gay man was murdered in New York and about the millions who have died of AIDS. I don’t think there was a dry eye in the room.

Music can stir all types of emotions and memories not just the sad ones. It can stir national spirit, rally the workers and march for peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment