Friday, June 14, 2013

News Flash....... SSA Nolonger Requires Surgery!

The Social Security Administration no longer requires surgery to change your gender marker!!!!!
NTCE Press Release
June 13, 2013

In June 2013, the Social Security Administration (SSA) announced a new policy to for updating Social
Security records to reflect a person’s gender identity. Under the new policy, a transgender person
can change their gender on their Social Security records by submitting either government-issued
documentation reflecting a change, or a certification from a physician confirming that they have had
appropriate clinical treatment for gender transition. This policy replaces SSA’s old policy, which required
documentation of sex reassignment surgery.
You can read the rest of the press release here.

Update 3:06PM
RM 10212.200 Changing Numident Data for Reasons other than Name Change

C. Exhibit – Sample Letter from Licensed Physician Certifying to the Individual’s Gender Change
(Physician’s Address and Telephone Number)

I, (physician’s full name), (physician’s medical license or certificate number), (issuing U.S. State/Foreign Country of medical license/certificate), am the physician of (name of patient), with whom I have a doctor/patient relationship and whom I have treated (or with whom I have a doctor/patient relationship and whose medical history I have reviewed and evaluated).

(Name of patient) has had appropriate clinical treatment for gender transition to the new gender (specify new gender, male or female).

I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States that the forgoing is true and correct.

Signature of Physician

Typed Name of Physician


No comments:

Post a Comment